The Baltimores were used by Australia, Britain, France, Greece, Italy, South Africa, and Turkey.
400 Baltimores were ordered by the United Kingdom.
The first 50 were shipped to Great Britain in October 1941.
The first 150 Baltimores were shipped with a single machine gun in the dorsal position.
20 were lost at sea while on the way by ship to England.
A total of 1,575 Baltimores were delivered to the Royal Air Force (RAF) and all of them fought in the Mediterranean theater. There were seven RAF squadrons and two South African Air Force squadrons equipped with Baltimores.
The No 223 Squadron, at Shandur, Egypt, was the first to receive the Baltimores for operational use in January 1942.
All of the initial order of 400 Baltimores were shipped to Egypt to help fight against Rommel and his 1942 offensive. They were used quite effectively while being escorted by Curtis Kittyhawks at El Alamein.
Some (40 Baltimore Mk IVs and Baltimore Mk Vs) Baltimores were given to the Italian Co-Belligerent Forces and equipped the Stormo Baltimore that were used in the Balkans in 1945.
Turkey received some Baltimores towards the end of World War II as a part of a Lend-Lease agreement.
After World War II
After the war the United States Navy used the Baltimores to test experimental airfoils.
The Royal Air Force used Baltimores in Kenya for aerial mapping and locust control until 1948.